HOUGHTON, Mich. – The Michigan Tech Fall camps, clinics and tournaments are now open to the public for registration. The volleyball team and men's and women's basketball teams will host their annual Little Huskies league.
Little Huskies Volleyball Club will take off on Sept. 7 and is open to boys and girls grades K-8. Cost is $30 per person ($25 for each additional sibling). The club will focus on post-game skill development and will directly follow these matches:
- Thursday, September 7, 6:30 p.m. vs Mary (home opener) - passing
- Saturday, September 16, 4:00 p.m. vs Saginaw - hitting
- Saturday, October 7, 4:00 p.m. vs Tiffin - setting
- Saturday, October 21, 4:00 p.m. vs Purdue NW - serving
- Friday, November 10, 5:00 p.m. vs Northwood – defense
Girls' Little Huskies League grades 3-8 will begin on Sept. 16 and the boys' league grades 3-6 will start on Oct. 2. The cost of the league is $45 per person ($25 for each additional sibling), and all participants will receive a free T-shirt that will grant them free admission to all home Michigan Tech basketball games. Participants will also play at halftime of select Tech games.
Girls' Schedule: Days/Times
- Saturday, September 16, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, September 23, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, September 30, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, October 14, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Boys' Schedule: Days/Times
- Monday, October 2, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 3, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 4, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 5, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
In addition to the Little Huskies Leagues, P.O.W.E.R. Skating Hockey Clinic will also be offered Sept. 8-10. There will be on and off ice sessions consisting of deep edge control, quick transitions, agility and balance drills along with many other skating movements. Tennis lessons will also be offered this fall beginning Nov. 7.
Register at the SDC Ticket Office, by phone at 487-2073 or online at MichiganTechRecreation.com. Each participant will be required to have a signed release waiver by a parent or guardian on file at the Ticket Office before participation in any camp, clinic or tournament.
Call 906-487-2975 for more information or email email@example.com.